- It protects you from airborne infections. As per WHO, the droplets from the mouth/nose of a person infected with covid-19 stay suspended in the air and to reduce your chances of inhaling these infected droplets while inhaling air, it’s recommended to wear a mask that properly covers your mouth & nose.
- Wearing a face mask slows down the spread of virus. If you are infected and you cough/talk/sneeze, droplets containing infected cells might stay suspended in air. Wearing a mask should minimize this possibility, thus slowing the spread of coronavirus.
Many countries that flattened the pandemic curve were the ones who encouraged the use of face masks in public. Basically, wearing a mask slows the spread by limiting the transmission from an infected person (who might be asymptomatic) to a healthy person by preventing the healthy person from inhaling aerosols from infected person when s/he talks,coughs or sneezes. This means that if everyone in the community is wearing a mask, the infected or asymptomatic persons are also wearing a mask, thus helping to reduce the spread of the infection in the surrounding.
In terms of usage, types of face masks can be broadly classified in the following 2 categories:
- Disposable Masks – As the name suggests, these masks are meant to be disposed off after each use. The most common variant of surgical face masks is the one with 3-ply non-woven fabric. 3 ply masks basically have 3 layers, with the inner and outer layers made up of 3 ply non-woven material and a thin layer of melt-blown cotton inside the 2 non-woven layers of the mask. These are available in green color, resonating with the interiors of a hospital, as these are mostly used in such settings, hence the name surgical mask. Disposable, Surgical Masks are available in 2 varieties:
- 3 Ply Surgical Face Mask without Nose Pin – These masks have 3 layers and no nose pin/clip at the top. These are comfortable to wear all day long and should be disposed off after each use. Make sure you dispose off the masks properly in a lid covered dust bin. At yourPrint, disposable, surgical masks with 3ply non-woven fabric start from ₹3/piece. You can browse the entire collection for disposable masks here.
- Disposable Face Masks with Nose Pin – These are same as 3 ply, non-woven face masks, with the only difference being the presence of nose pin at the top, which makes the face mask grip your face by molding itself in your nose’s shape. These are slightly more expensive than surgical masks without nose clip, but the presence of nose clip in the mask makes it better in terms of fitting on your face. You can read more about disposable masks with nose pin here.
Disposable Face Mask Price starts from Rs.3/piece and depends on the quantity you intend to purchase. Since these are single use masks, it’s recommended to get at least 100 masks in a single packet so that they can last you for some days. The major difference between surgical masks and reusable masks is that surgical masks can be worn only once and need to be discarded after each use. This makes them economical for single time use, but if you intend to use face masks everyday while going outside, having a reusable face mask provides better utility at a price that’s more economical than changing the face mask everyday after each use.
- Reusable Face Masks – Reusable Face Masks are can be reused after using without any issues, provided you clean them thoroughly with disinfectant after each use. These cost more than disposable masks but provide better value for money as you do not need to discard them after each use. These can also be customized with your photos, text, design, company logo, quotes, emojis & more. The print on personalized reusable face masks is permanent, it will never go away with general use, ever after multiple washings. There are 2 types of customized reusable face masks for outdoor use:
- Face Masks with your Own Photo – You can add any photo on this type of face mask, you can also select any background color of your choice easily on yourPrint. You can have your family photo, landscape pictures, company/brand logos, text & quotes, emojis printed on the face mask. This can be completely customized as per your preference.
- Designer Face Masks – These face masks are pre-designed. However, you can add your text on the existing design. Emojis can also be added on the design. You can select face mask designs from various themes like nature,abstract,love,superhero & more designs.
All customizable masks at yourPrint are washable and can be reused after proper washing. One size fits all and keeps your nose & moth covered when applied properly on the face.
The major difference between 3 Ply Disposable Surgery Face Masks & Reusable Face Masks are as follows:
- Usability: Surgical masks can be used once only, you should not reuse them even after washing. On the other hand, Customized Face Masks are reusable and can be reused safely after deep cleaning with disinfectant.
- Price: On a per piece basis, disposable face masks at yourPrint start from Rs.3/piece and Reusable Photo Face Masks start from Rs.27/piece. For a single time use, you can go for disposable mask as it’s per piece price is lower. However, if you plan on using face masks on a regular basis, it masks more economical sense to go with customized face masks. Although these are more expensive than surgical face masks, their per use price is far lower as they can be used multiple times over a span of days.
- Customization: Reusable face masks can be customized with any designs of your choice, with HD quality print.
We hope this article helped you understand the difference between 3 Ply Non-Woven Disposable Face Masks & Reusable, Washable Face Masks. If you have any queries, you can post the question in the comments below or contact us here.